When I say I’m in love with you I mean I love being your mystery,
your riddle, being what keeps you up at night, your obsession. I love
being your altar, your sacrament, your icon, your miracle. I love being
your answer. I love being the object of your sacrifice. I love being
your pain.
When I say I’m in love with you, I mean I’m in love with being
your sun, monopolizing your orbit, being your gravity, keeping you drawn
back to me no matter how hard you try to jump or fly, keeping you down.
Keeping you mine.
When I say I’m in love with you, I mean I’m in love with breathing
your air, sucking your blood, eating your dreams. I’m in love with
being your drug, your dagger, your suicide note.
When I say I’m in love with you, I mean I love the story I can
tell to my next lover, about my ex-lover, about how beautiful things
were, how intense, how storybook, what a couple we were, and how you
gradually, inexplicably, painfully, bit by bit, disappeared.
No comments:
Post a Comment