I've decided to make a comprehensive list of all the boys who had and broke my heart.
.5 - The Crush - You were my late night guilty pleasure. My confessional after the party was over and the lights turned back on. We would spend hours on end talking about nothing. You taught me what it meant to be left hanging on a word. What never happened always leads to what could have been, which is why I should have predicted you'd make a reappearance.
1 - The First Love - I was sixteen and you were eighteen. I was broken and you didn't mind. We went from best friends to inseparable overnight, layered with laughter, great friends and everything that makes for the nights you don't forget. If it weren't for the text in your phone I'd never have known about her. Or you. Or you two, together. I was broken, again, and you didn't mind.
2 - The Gamer - I didn't deserve you. You were sweet and shy and I was mean and spiteful. You taught me what it meant to appreciate the little moments, even if they happen in between load screens. I didn't understand you. Your views and beliefs were solid and supported yet I wasn't ready to commit, not even to your ideas. But mostly, the idea of us.
3 - The Liar - I knew you long before I fell in love with you. I was hesitant to date you, being warned by mutual friends but taking their guidance as more of a dare. I gave you everything. More years of my life than I've ever given anyone. You were always preoccupied, or caught in a web of stories too great to escape. So great you began to believe them yourself.
4 - The Player - As brief as you were, you happened. Men like this are primarily the reason women are on defense the majority of the time around members of the opposite sex. You feed the same lines to so many women it's hard to know who've you've said what to already. It's only a shame you couldn't have lost your dick in a frostbite accident sooner than you did your decency and morality.
.5 - The Crush - You were my late night guilty pleasure. My confessional after the party was over and the lights turned back on. We would spend hours on end talking about nothing. You taught me what it meant to be left hanging on a word. What never happened always leads to what could have been, which is why I should have predicted you'd make a reappearance.
1 - The First Love - I was sixteen and you were eighteen. I was broken and you didn't mind. We went from best friends to inseparable overnight, layered with laughter, great friends and everything that makes for the nights you don't forget. If it weren't for the text in your phone I'd never have known about her. Or you. Or you two, together. I was broken, again, and you didn't mind.
2 - The Gamer - I didn't deserve you. You were sweet and shy and I was mean and spiteful. You taught me what it meant to appreciate the little moments, even if they happen in between load screens. I didn't understand you. Your views and beliefs were solid and supported yet I wasn't ready to commit, not even to your ideas. But mostly, the idea of us.
3 - The Liar - I knew you long before I fell in love with you. I was hesitant to date you, being warned by mutual friends but taking their guidance as more of a dare. I gave you everything. More years of my life than I've ever given anyone. You were always preoccupied, or caught in a web of stories too great to escape. So great you began to believe them yourself.
4 - The Player - As brief as you were, you happened. Men like this are primarily the reason women are on defense the majority of the time around members of the opposite sex. You feed the same lines to so many women it's hard to know who've you've said what to already. It's only a shame you couldn't have lost your dick in a frostbite accident sooner than you did your decency and morality.

No comments:
Post a Comment